Friday, July 22, 2011

50x2: 50 Films List #2

The first 50 list is in the books. I had so much fun doing it, and got to watch so many movies, that I decided it should be a new running feature on the blog.

I enjoyed the fact that I had a set list - I was able to watch some movies outside the list, just didn't include those in the list reviews - and it made me sit down and watch them, which helped a lot.

So, I checked my lists once again, and brought in as many recommendations from friends as possible, and came up with my second 50 list.


50 Films x2
300
2012
127 Hours
500 Days of Summer
All the President's Men
Being John Malkovich
Blade Runner
Brewster's Millions
Brian's Song
Bronson
Buried
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
City of God
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Cool Hand Luke
Cooler
Domino
Eight Men Out
Fighter
Finding Neverland
Fletch
Gamer
Ghost Writer
Go
History of Violence
In Bruges
Informant
Jarhead
Kids Are All Right
Lars and the Real Girl
Lost in Translation
Machete
Million Dollar Baby
Mystic River
Platoon
Point Break
Predator
Ray
Rescue Dawn
Schindler's List
Sherlock Holmes
Shutter Island
Slumdog Millionaire
Smokin' Aces
St. Elmo's Fire
Team America: World Police
Town
True Romance
Untouchables
Zombieland

So, check out for new reviews on these films as I experience them for the first time. Also, as I dive into these, I will also be starting my Tom Hanks-O-Thon. So there will be a mixture of the two lists - and a lot of other stuff - will be coming in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Like before, you have a handful of amazing films, a handful of "Why haven't you seen these yet?," and a handful of "eh." Should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Nick said. Lots of all-timers that I look forward to you seeing for the first time. Then shit like Gamer and Domino where I'm thinking, "Who recommended THAT?"

    :D

    ReplyDelete