Sunday, July 11, 2010

TV Meme: Day 27 - Best Pilot Episode

This one was actually pretty easy. The look of this had motion picture written all over it. And, from what I have heard, it cost about that to make it happen.

Lost had one of the best pilot episodes that I have ever seen. And even though I don't think the creators, writers or actors knew what would happen to this show or where they wanted to head as they were shooting it - it was one of the most brilliant episodes of the entire series.

This episode is what cemented me on watching the show as a whole. I didn't even want to watch it, but a friend at work had taped it (seriously a tape) and told me I had to watch it. And, eventually I did - and I was hooked.

From the moment you see Jack (Matthew Fox) awaken from his unconsciousness the chaos ensues. The plane has just landed on the island and people are going crazy, hurt and generally scared out of their minds. Jack, however, plays it cool and dives in as a leader to help those in need.

We don't know it yet, but we actually start sifting through some of the soon-to-be stars of the show. We are also introduced to the flashback, which would allow the viewers an in-depth view into the characters and their pasts.


The show that became such a phenomenon and such a topic of discussion, especially as it came to an end a few months ago, truly started with a bang.

1 comment:

  1. I am sad to say that I have only seen the pilot episode of this series. It was good but I started watching other shows. Now that the show has ended, I'll catch up on DVD.

    ReplyDelete