Wednesday, July 7, 2010

TV Meme: Day 23 - Most Annoying Character

Wow, I have a lot of characters/actors that I would love to do away with in some of my favorite shows.

In fact, if I was doing this last year I would be going with the character Nikki Betancourt (Sophina Brown) on the series Numb3rs. Betancourt was a replacement for Diane Farr's character Megan Reeves, and the character was so annoying that Mrs. Kano and I actually wished that one of the many baddies on the show would take her out.

Unfortunately, no one ever did, but I didn't go with her for the lone fact that the show completed its run last year - so I decided to go with someone that is still out there and still annoying me.

The lucky winner is CSI: Miami's Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Proctor). Everything about her to me is like nails on a chalkboard. Her delivery, her voice, her expressions, even the way she walks.

The show has been on for seven seasons with season eight beginning in the fall, and Calleigh has been so close to death a number of times, but she always seems to pull through.

The show has gotten rid of an actor in the past who just didn't seem to cut it with the show in Kim Delaney. A great character Tim Speedle (Rory Cochrane) was killed off and now Jesse Cardoza (Eddie Cibrian) is leaving the show - but for some reason Calleigh keeps kicking.

And, it's not like she is a secondary character either. She probably gets more screen time than Horatio Caine (David Caruso), who is considered the star of the show. So, not only is she the most annoying character on a show that I watch, but she is in the bulk of the show at all times.

The original CSI is still alive and chugging away, so I doubt there are any plans for this series to end soon. So, for the love of God, let's make this show better and get rid of Calleigh - for everyone's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment