Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Netflix Movie #4: The Ten

Boy, I should get an award or something for actually making it through the 93 minutes it took to finish this film.

Looking at the cast - Paul Rudd, Jessica Alba, Oliver Platt, Gretchen Mol, Liev Schreiber, Winona Ryder, Ken Marino, Adam Brody and Famke Janssen - you'd think this is a can't miss hit. Well, that couldn't be further from the truth.

The Ten is a movie, well actually 10 little 'plays' really, about the 10 Commandments. Paul Rudd is the story teller, who actually ends up being 'Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery.'

Basically, a short little story is shown that somehow relates to one of the 10 Commandments, and what can happen if it is not followed - it is supposed to be a comedy mind you. However, this movie is extremely dumb, and not the usual kind of movie comedy dumb (those I usually enjoy), this was just plan dumb - and frankly, I didn't really get the humor.

I forced myself to finish the movie, but I am not recommending it to anyone. I am giving it a 1/5 in my grading system.

No comments:

Post a Comment