Friday, June 25, 2010

TV Meme: Day 12 - An Episode I’ve Watched More Than 5 Times

A few years ago now I got a Christmas present from Mrs. Kano's aunt. It was a little weird at the moment, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

You see, I got season 4 of Friends on DVD. It is a perfectly normal and thoughtful gift, however, when you factor in that I didn't have season's 1-3 on DVD it sort of loses some of the luster.

I still accepted it with open arms and Mrs. Kano and I dove into the season - I guess I should also thank her aunt for costing me a ton of money as I then bought all the seasons of Friends and it also got me interested in TV on DVD and I bought a ton of other shows, but I digress.

I love season 4 of Friends for many reasons but the one that sticks out the most is because it has my all-time favorite episode The One with the Embryos.

You see, the name of the episode is a bit misleading even though it is true. This episode Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) is getting Alice's (Debra Jo Rupp) fertilized eggs placed in her because she is going to be the surrogate for her brother Frank's (Giovanni Ribisi) child.

I say it is misleading because although this is actually happening in the episode it isn't the most exciting part - that comes in the form of a game played by Joey (Matt Le Blanc), Chandler (Matthew Perry), Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) and Monica (Courtney Cox), which was administered by Ross (David Schwimmer).


Earlier in the episode Joey and Chandler bet that they can guess all of the items in Rachel's shopping bag because they know Monica and Rachel so well. After they correctly guess all of the items in the bag - Monica says that she and Rachel know them (Joey and Chandler) just as well and the game is born.

Ross creates questions about the foursome and asks them the questions and the two pairs square off against each other. After the first part of the game they are all tied up and a lightning round ensues. To up the ante, Monica bets that if the girls win that the guys have to give up their birds - if the guys win they get the girls' apartment.

It is a hilarious episode that not only can make you laugh, but gives you even more information about the characters in a sneaky little (and fun) way.

There are a ton of shows that I have seen episodes way more than five times, so I could have selected any of those, but this one stuck out to me. I loved the show, but to me this was definitely one of their best and funniest episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment