Monday, December 15, 2008

25 Days: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas

I have officially finished my first semester back to school as of Friday, so the 25 Days of Christmas was turned back on as of this weekend.

I watched a handful of Christmas films this weekend, and I will do my best to spread those out.

On Saturday, it was a Muppet day.

The first film we watched, as selected by my son, was It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas. This is the newest one that is available on DVD (the newest one will be broadcast on NBC this Wednesday, however, if you are interested).

In my opinion, you really can't go wrong with a Muppet movie. They have a pretty exact science to them, and for the most part the films are pretty funny.

This particular movie is about the Muppets losing the Muppet Theater thanks to the evil Rachel Bitterman (Joan Cusack). Kermit begins to think that he has let everyone down and contemplates that everyone would have been better off if he had never been born.

A rookie 'acconountant' in heaven, Daniel (David Arquette), has been watching his case and brings it before God (Whoopi Goldberg) to send an agent down to Earth to help Kermit out.

Out of the Muppets' Christmas movies, I felt this one is pretty subpar, although I still rather enjoy it.

The Christmas theme, however, technically really doesn't need to be here. Like the He-Man review I did before, this could have been any other time of the year and it would have still worked fine - it was more of an extended Muppet Show, than a Christmas special.

Although, like all Muppet films, a lesson is learned, some fun is had and we all come away feeling pretty good.

Some bonus cameos in this film were: William H. Macey, Carson Daly, Kelly Ripa, Matthew Lillard, Joe Rogan, Molly Shannon, Trimph-the insult comic dog, and the cast of Scrubs (Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Neil Flynn, John C. McGinley, Judy Reyes & Bill Lawrence).

Grade:

No comments:

Post a Comment