Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 10/1/13 (and 9/24/13)

10/1/13

The Croods: I like when a film surprises me. Went to see this with my family not expecting much - and it was way better than I thought. Review is here.

This is the End: This summer I was able to see nearly all of my Top 10 movies I wanted to see this summer. In fact, surprisingly, I was able to see eight out of 10. This is the End is one of the two I did't get to see. So, I am definitely looking forward to seeing it.

Frozen Ground: Nicolas Cage and John Cusack star in this 50 Cent produced product. Never heard of it, in fact I had to look it up to see if it was even released in theaters - and it was. It actually didn't get horrible reviews - sort of mixed. But, not something I am going to run out to watch.

100 Bloody Acres: A couple of guys in the fertilizer business are running low on their 'secret ingredient' - which apparently is human bodies. Not going to check this one out.

Fright Night 2: Apparently a sequel - not sure if it's the Colin Farrell starring film, or the one from 1985, but I don't really care. This one is direct to DVD. I am guessing it's great - haha.









9/24/13

Iron Man 3: Leaving this film from the theater, I have to say I had mixed thoughts. No, the big reveal was not an issue for me - in fact I enjoyed it. But, there was just something that was not as great as the original. Though, I want to definitely look at it again - there were some great things in it that I loved. Review is here.

Unfinished Song: A man helps finish a project that his wife was working on before she died - and apparently it helps him reunite with his son. Not for me.

Kings of Summer: This one looks like it can be really good. I love a lot of the supporting cast and the music sounds great. Really want to check this one out.

Room 237: A documentary that looks at The Shining and many different people interpreting it. I have never seen the film its based on, so not really important to me to see this.

Something in the Air: From what I can tell, looks like a French film. Based in the 60s, a group of Europeans look to continue the revolution. Definitely staying away from this one.

Redemption: I remember when this was originally called Hummingbird. Why the change? Either way, I will want to watch this eventually. Jason Statham is one of the main action stars of this generation - I have a lot of his films I still need to check out.

V/H/S/ 2: How do they seriously turn these out so fast? A second one a year after the first? Either way, the first one didn't interest me - nor does this.

I Spit on Your Grave 2: At least this one was three years after the first - but read the above, it's pretty much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment