Friday, October 11, 2013

"The Quarterback"

I haven't been a fan of Glee for very long. I wrote about this awhile ago, but ever since I caught up I have been hooked.

Tonight, Glee said goodbye to possibly my favorite character. In fact, Finn Hudson may in fact be one of the main reasons I got into the show to begin with.



I had never heard of Cory Monteith before - in fact as I watched I still had no idea who he was. But, the character Finn I could really relate to. Especially as he began to question just what he was going to do after high school.

He was good at a lot of things, but out of those things what could he use them for in life?

Monteith's voice wasn't amazing, but I liked it. He was also apparently pretty good at drums - and the way he portrayed Finn, you can tell he was a pretty talented actor. Really just finding his way - and the role of Finn might have really opened things up for him.

I watch a lot of television, movies, sports and listen to a lot of music. So, I am familiar with a lot of celebrities. But, I don't think there are many out there that I would be really taken aback by their death.

Tom Hanks is my favorite actor of all time - so when his time comes I will most likely be upset. However, when I first heard of Monteith's death it really shook me. A lot more than I was expecting.

I know a lot of people suffer from addictions - and I have read a ton of comments on sites saying he didn't really deserve all of these special moments because of the way he went - but, however you think, a young, talented man died and I feel his work deserved some praise.

Tonight, the show that made him a star finally had to say goodbye. And, it was heartfelt - and sad to see. But, it was needed. I feel for the cast as they went through this, but it also must have been cathartic. Though the show never stated how Finn passed away - there were many things throughout the show that mirrored the character Finn to Cory.

It was hard to get through, but it was also good to look back.

I will miss Finn - and although I don't think Cory would have become a huge movie star, I will definitely miss being able to see what his career could have been.

R.I.P. Cory Monteith. Gone far too young.

No comments:

Post a Comment