Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 4/23/13

Gangster Squad: Was pretty interested in seeing this when I first heard about it. Not a huge Sean Penn fan, but I can tolerate him - but the Ryan Gosling/Emma Stone pairing has me in. Horrible circumstances hurt the release of this film and I haven't really heard anything about it since. I am sure it's at least pretty decent.

A Haunted House: I guess since the Scary Movie franchise was taken over from the Wayans - they decided to do pretty much the same thing under a different name. I admit that as dumb as they are I continue to at least check out the Scary Movie films, even though I hardly ever see the films that they are based on. I will probably look into this one at some point as well.

Promised Land: I like Matt Damon and John Krasinski - and they even helped co-write the screenplay. Damon travels to small town in hopes to buy their resources for a natural gas company. Krasinski is a community member and, of course, Damon is no doubt going to learn a lesson in this town. I will most likely give it a shot.

Any Day Now: A gay couple in the 1970s fight for a chance to keep custody of a mentally handicapped teenager that they have been taking care of. Film stars Alan Cumming and Garret Dillahunt as the two gay men, Cumming a struggling musician - Dillahunt as a closeted district attorney.

K-11: Even after reading the premise to this movie I am still pretty darn confused. It does star ER's Goran Visnjic, Cutting Edge's D.B. Sweeney and Jay himself, Jay Mewes.

Pawn: Inexperienced robbers hold up a diner, which just so happens to be a front for the mob, and a hostage situation ensues. Sort of sounds interesting - might be something I check out in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment