Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Theater Review: Rio

I figured since I don't get out to the movie theater too often, I would mark the films I actually do get to see there with Theater Review. I know it doesn't really matter, but I figured I would do it anyway.

So, a few weekends ago my parents wanted to take my son to see Rio and I tagged along. I had heard it was actually a decent film, so off we went.

The film is about Blu (Jesse Eisbenberg) a very rare blue makaw that gets knocked off a truck and found by a little girl, Linda (Leslie Mann). As Linda grows up, Blu and her are inseparable and have created quite a life for themselves in Minnesota

One afternoon, Tulio (Rodrigo Santoro) visits Blu and Linda to inform them that he may be in fact the last male blue makaw on Earth. And tries to get them to come with him to Rio in order to mate with the last remaining female blue makaw, Jewel (Anne Hathaway).

Well, as they attempt to introduce the two 'love' birds, Tulio and Linda head out for a dinner and the aviary is broken into and the two birds are stolen. They are able to break free of their captives, but are chained together - and thanks to an issue Blu has the two of them have some huge things to overcome as she looks for her freedom and he tries to locate Linda.

The film is loaded with voice talent including, George Lopez, Jamie Foxx, Will I Am, Tracy Morgan and Jemaine Clement. A lot of excellent songs throughout the film as well that really fit with the environment.

As for the film, a pretty good story of overcoming obstacles to get what you want and finding something inside of you that you didn't know was there.

It was also very beautiful to look at with the many different colors and the scenery of Rio.

Grade:

No comments:

Post a Comment