Friday, March 20, 2009

Watchmen

In between March Madness blogs I thought I should finally send a note in about Watchmen.

I am not able to get out to the movie theater very often, so this was a real treat for me.

I have never read the graphic novel, in fact I have never heard of this until the movie was announced - so I went in with an open mind.

My first thought was that it was beautifully shot. I mean it was one of the best looking movies I have ever seen - just gorgeous.

The movie itself, I felt took a little long to get into anything real important or exciting - but as this film is meant to tell a story and introduce an entire cast, I guess that is to be expected.

I enjoyed almost all of the characters - the only two I truly knew going in was Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Malin Akerman. I thought Morgan's character was in the film more than it actually was - and I was very surprised at how much of a prick he was. He played the part very well though.

Not too sure about Akerman's performance, but she looked good doing it. She fit into that outfit very well. I actually did, however, feel she was very good with her part as well.

The best character, however, is Rorschach hands down. Jackie Earle Haley was phenomenal in the role - weird to think that young Kelly Leake could be such an amazing vigilante.

The movie felt a little long, but only the beginning to me. Once the film picked up around the middle it was amazing.

Grade:

No comments:

Post a Comment