Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Office

So, I have sort of stayed away from The Office ever since it came on the air. For some reason I was just never drawn in, and due to my insanely large number of shows I do watch (see previous posts) I never did get into it.

I had seen clips and whatnot of the show, but I never found it funny - at least what they were showing me. And so, I never watched it.

But, as many know I have gone back to school and I take one class per day during my lunch break at work - so I don't get to go out to eat for lunch anymore. But, I do bring a packed lunch and have some time to kill while I eat.

I had found this site that shows a handful of television shows past and present online for free, and I had watched all of the Scrubs seasons (repeatedly, plus I own them) and also watched The Big Bang Theory as well. So, I was sort of out of ideas and decided to give The Office a try.

I have to admit, I didn't really enjoy the first few episodes. But, I am now currently in the middle of season three and I am sort of addicted. I find the entire office hilarious in their own sort of way - especially Jim (John Krasinski) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson).

The lone down side of the show, which is odd to say, is Steve Carell's Michael Scott. I just don't find him all that funny and most of the time his jokes are offensive - basically I find him hard to watch, but like a train wreck.

I don't think I will start DVRing the show, but I will continue to keep up with it via the website. Like I said there aren't too many good comedies on television nowadays, so it's nice to find another that I can turn to for a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment