Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cancellations/Renewals

It's that time of year again, when television networks begin to pick and choose as to which shows are drawing a large enough audience to keep and which ones are about to get axed.

I follow a great number of television programs, probably too many, but with the conclusion of this season many of the programs that I watch will be going the way of the dodo.

Already, ER and Scrubs are ending their runs at the conclusion of the season. ER has been on for a staggering 15 seasons - and although there has been rumors that another network may pick it up for a 16th season, I think it's pretty safe to say that this will be its last. Scrubs was rescued from a dismal farewell on NBC last year to give its parting shot on ABC for its eighth and final season. Another show that had rumors of being renewed if it developed more of a following on ABC - but I am guessing that with the departures of Zach Braff, Bill Lawrence and Judy Reyes that the show will end after the season. And Lost only has one more season remaining after this one.

A new show that I had gotten into was Life on Mars starring Jason O'Mara, Harvey Keitel and Michael Imperioli. It was an interesting show that was fixed in the year 1973, but ABC canceled the show this week. Luckily, we may be given a proper send off as the shows producers were given enough of a heads up.

The new Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles have been bordering on horrible ratings - and due to the cost of production could also hit the scrap heap.

It's not all bad news, however, as Survivor, The Big Bang Theory and Heroes have all been renewed - Survivor and The Big Bang Theory for two new seasons.

As of now that is all that I have found to be announced from the shows that I watch. I am excited for yet another Survivor and I am happy they are giving Heroes another chance - it seems to be picking up again in its third season, hopefully season four will be even better. I am very happy to see The Big Bang Theory return as it is one of only a few comedy shows that regularly have me laughing - and I am already losing one in Scrubs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Lots of the shows you mentioned are actually also on Fancast in case you ever miss any! You might be interested in the live chats every Friday with the latest booted Survivor contestant. You can ask them anything. Check it out- Fancast

    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete