Thursday, August 7, 2008

Top 10: Marijuana Films

Due to my not really having an idea for a Top 10 on Tuesday, I skipped it. I have noticed that it is pretty hard to come up with an idea each and every week - so I have decided to curb the every week idea - and just do one when it comes to mind.

So, with the release of The Pineapple Express yesterday it got me to thinking about the stoner comedy. And with that came this Top 10 list about films that use marijuana. A few notes first, I have not seen any Cheech & Chong film, so I could not include any of them in my list. I have also limited this list to the 'dumb' comedies, so some others may not have made the list due to those guidelines.

Here is the list (in reverse order):

10) Grandma's Boy

9) Detroit Rock City

8) PCU

7) Super Troopers

6) Friday

5) Fast Times at Ridgemont High

4) Knocked Up

3) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

2) Half Baked

1) Dazed & Confused

I have set aside a special section for the Kevin Smith movies - I could not include just one on the list, so I have made a "lifetime achievement" award or something for the films that introduced us to Jay & Silent Bob: Clerks, Clerks II, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Chasing Amy, Mallrats and Dogma.

No comments:

Post a Comment