Tuesday, February 8, 2011

9/50: Salt

This is one of the films I had on my list to see in the theater over the summer, but didn't make the cut on my very few visits.

I was interested in seeing how a film that was made for Tom Cruise would come across with Angelina Jolie in the lead instead. So, I checked out Salt.

First, I am not the greatest Angelina Jolie fan. I have enjoyed a handful of her performances, but there is something about her that sometimes throws me off of a movie - although she isn't near Julia Roberts territory for me. That being said, she was very good as Evelyn Salt a CIA agent who is forced to run for her life after being targeted as a Russian spy.

The movie had me going so many different ways I wasn't sure what was happening some of the time, which I like about a movie. I am usually one or two steps ahead of films, but this one I was even scratching my head a few times wondering if what I was watching was true or not.

Not to give anything away from the film, but I am not sure if I totally buy how the spies are being planted in the United States. It just seemed a little far fetched - but that's Hollywood I guess.

Other than that, not too much to complain about. A lot of great action and a decent story line that kept me both scratching my head and entertained throughout.

It's now hard to imagine Tom Cruise actually portraying Salt, because it feels like it was written for Jolie.

Grade:

No comments:

Post a Comment