Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tuesday's With Movies: 1/14/14

Yeah, I am late again. But, now you probably expect it. Anyway, today (er, Tuesday) a bunch of films from film festivals seem to be released. A pretty large crop of films coming out at on time. Here you go:

The Butler: My wife said she wants to check this out. On my own I don't think I would look into this, but perhaps we can watch it together.

Riddick: Have yet to watch either Riddick films, but I have both of the first two. With this one coming out I think I will do a marathon watch of all three.

Carrie: Too bad, I like Chloe Moretz. I think Carrie is probably one of those 'horror' films I might be able to take - though I just don't have that much interest in watching either version.

You're Next: A bunch of killers attack a group during a family reunion - but apparently a member of the family is the most skilled killed of the bunch. Can't wait - to not watch this.

Enough Said: Heard some pretty decent things about this one, and it is one of the (if not the) last film of James Gandolfini. Pretty sure I will check it out eventually.

Fruitvale Station: So apparently this Michael B. Jordan guy is going to be the next big thing. I have enjoyed him so far in The Wire and Friday Night Lights. This looks like a pretty good movie - but one of those you may only watch once. But, we shall see.

Spectacular Now: I have been hearing about Shailene Woodley for awhile now, but I have yet to see anything she is in. This might be the first of many this year. I also really enjoyed Miles Teller in his role in the Footloose remake. Looking forward to seeing this.

Short Term 12: A film about a young counselor at a foster-care program for at-risk kids and her life outside of her job. Not really pulling me in.

Blue Caprice: This film is inspired by the beltway sniper attacks that took place in 2002. Probably will look into this one.

A.C.O.D.: Stands for Adult Child of Divorce and stars Adam Scott. Finds out he was unknowingly part of a study on divorced children. Also has Clark Duke in it - could be pretty funny.

Big Sur: The plot from IMDb "A recounting of Jack Kerouac's (here known by the name of his fictional alter-ego Jack Duluoz) three sojourns to the cabin in Big Sur, owned by poet Lawrence Ferlinghetti." -- If I have to do that, no way I will be checking it out.

A Single Shot: After a girl dies a hunter finds himself trying to stay alive as others look to hunt him down. Never heard anything about it until last week when I saw it was coming out, but I think I might look in on this.



1 comment:

  1. Whoo! Riddick! Might I suggest that, with both Chronicles and Riddick, watch the director's cut versions. They're actually much better than the theatrical cuts (which cut out vital information).

    Fruitvale Station is, indeed, a one-watch film. Great performance and good movie, but yeah... one watch.

    And I *loved* Short Term 12. One of the best movies of the year. Great drama.

    ReplyDelete