Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 8/27/13

Great Gatsby: Look like a beautiful movie, but most of what I have heard has not been good. Thought, I will definitely give it a look for myself to see.

Pain & Gain: This one, though, looks like it could be a pretty fun movie. From what I can tell looks like a lot of action with a bunch of humor mixed in - which is definitely my cup of tea. The Rock and Mark Wahlberg look to work well together - and I like me some Tony Shalhoub.

Stranded: I think I have said this before, but I really hope Christian Slater gets another break. I really enjoyed him in the 90s, but for some reason he seems to have fallen out of graces with the bigger films. Here, he stars in yet another direct to DVD film - and its one I don't plan to see. Expendables 4 maybe?

At Any Price: Dennis Quaid is a farmer and Zac Efron is his rebellious son - soon an unexpected crisis hurts the family's farm business and their relationship becomes even more strained. Probably not a film for me.

33 Postcards: A young Chinese orphan shows up on the doorstep of a man in Sydney who has sponsored her for many years. Sounds like it could be rather interesting, but not something I would run out to check out.

Pawn Shop Chronicles: Wow, there are a lot of recognizable actors in this film, but it was a huge bomb at the box office - it made just under five thousand dollars. But, I think I might actually want to check it out.

Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf's: A documentary about a famous Manhattan department story. Narrated by William Fichtner - but that isn't enough to draw me in.

Reluctant Fundamentalist: A Pakistani man is looking for success on Wall Street, but many things soon get in the way of his dream. Pretty torn if I want to see it - could be somewhat decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment