Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's With Movies: 3/13/12

Usually when I do this I struggle to find even four mainstream movies being released on DVD. And out of those I would be lucky to be interested in even half of them. This week, however, there is a huge list of new DVDs coming out today - and I have to say I have at least some interest in all of them.

The Descendants: Usually this is the type of film I may pass up. Those nominated for Oscars are always so stuffy. But, this one looks to be pretty interesting. Plus it has that added bonus of being partly written by the Dean of Greendale!

The Adventures of Tintin: Don't really know the source material of this, and at first I really no interest in seeing this. But, after some time I figured I would at least give it a shot. It does come from Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson so it has to be somewhat decent, right?

My Week with Marilyn: This may be the film coming out today that I have the least amount of interest in seeing, but I will still check it out.

Happy Feet Two: I wasn't a huge fan of the first film, but this one looks sort of cute. This being on the interest list has more to do with my son than it does with me. But, I will check it out with him. Probably.

Melancholia: I was up in the air about this one. From everything I have heard I am either going to love it or I am going to hate it. At least that seems to be what I am getting. But, I will definitely be checking it out because Jess gave it to me as part of her 10 films in my new upcoming 50 list.

The Three Musketeers: This was just added to my list. I rewatched the trailer and I have to say it looked somewhat interesting. I doubt it will be as cool or funny as the Sheen/Sutherland/Platt film, but I want to check it out.

Young Adult: Never really heard much about this one, but it has a stellar cast and looks to have a pretty good story behind it. Will be checking it out at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment