Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday's With Movies: 1/11/11

OK, since I missed last week's Tuesday's With Movies and this week only has a few I have decided to include last week's films as well. Enjoy!

1/11/11
The Social Network: As I explained in my rant yesterday this is one of those magical films that will not be coming to me for at least another month. However, it is released country wide today on DVD and it is one of the films I really want to see. I have heard great things all around about this film - from the film itself to the actors in the film. So, as soon as I get the chance I will be checking this one out.




Piranha 3D: As I have stated in the past I am definitely not a horror movie guy. I can get by on some great thrillers, but gore just is way over the top in my book. I don't see the necessity of seeing people killed and tortured. So, I will probably be skipping this one.






Alpha & Omega: One I had not heard of until I was looking for movies to add to my Netflix queue. I am sure it isn't a great flick, but it's a cartoon and I am sure my 4-year old will love it. So, I will probably be checking it out sometime in the near future.







1/4/11
Machete: OK, I am not sure the extent of what is shown in this film, but I am pretty interested in seeing this despite what I said in my Piranha 3D post. I have a feeling there will be a little gore in this film, but I am not sure. Either way, I am intrigued and I will definitely see it - once Netflix allows me.





Dinner for Schmucks: Already have seen it and I will have a small review up by the end of the week in my Quick Shots as I attempt to get caught up quickly.









Camille/Howl: Two films that I have never heard of, but star James Franco. Doubt I will be checking them out until I know a little more about them.


Case 39/The Last Exorcism: Two films that have horror written all over them that I will not be checking out.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say it's safe to say Machete has gore. There's a scene where he cuts up a guy, grabs his intestines, jumps out a window, and uses it as a rope to swing down to the next floor.

    I wouldn't consider The Last Exorcism typical horror. There's very little blood, and the real unnerving stuff doesn't really happen until the last 30 minutes or so. And even then, it's just strange and unsettling and weird.

    I haven't seen Piranha 3D yet, but I wager it's more of a silly horror/comedy than horror. Like... over-the-top goofiness in regards to blood and nudity (i.e. not to be taken seriously).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick - I think I still may see Machete. Something about it, unlike other gore flicks, has me interested.

    Is Piranha more like Jaws? or is there some serious disgusting stuff happening?

    As for the Last Exorcism, just really have no interest in it either way. Never even saw The Exorcism. Sort of a wimp when it comes to some films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Piranha, like I said... but I don't think it's anything like Jaws. Jaws is more serious. Piranha knows it's silly and over-the-top and exploits that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I just read the parents guide on imdb and I could hardly get through it for Piranha. I will be skipping that one.

    Machete had some brutal scenes as well, but I think I could stomach those for the most part.

    ReplyDelete