Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/30/10

Coming a bit late due to a pretty busy couple of days for me, but here is the DVD releases for this week - the last of November.

Twilight: Eclipse: I have watched each of the first two Twilight films. But, I have only watched each of them once. My sister and Mrs. Kano have become pretty large fans of this saga - so I naturally will watch the film with my wife for my one (and usually only) viewing. I am not sure what it is, but I have not gravitated toward Twilight like I did with Harry Potter. Maybe its Robert Pattinson or that Cheaper by the Dozen kid with the abs. Because, I somewhat enjoy Kristen Stewart - more in other films though. Either way, yes I will be watching this - at least once.

Vampire's Suck: Oh, you know it was only a matter of time until someone out there began poking fun at the sudden rage that has become vampires. I have to admit that I was a pretty large fan of the original Scary Movie and I can definitely find the humor in parodies - but the last handful (maybe even a dozen) have been pretty horrible. This will probably provide much of the same and I will most likely not be checking this one out.



Sorcerer's Apprentice: I was not too sure about this one when it first came out, but I have to admit it looks like it might be, at the very least, entertaining. I feel Jay Baruchel is a pretty likable guy - and from what I have heard/read Nic Cage is a good form of his crazy self in this setting. So, I am definitely going to be checking this one out - in fact it is on its way from Netflix as I type this.




Fantasia/Fantasia 2000: I never got into the whole Fantasia thing when I was growing up. I guess its the type of film that you either love or you hate and I have always found myself on the hate side. Yes, it is a great piece of work and to go with the move above it - The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a great piece of the film. I haven't seen it in a very long time - so perhaps with maturity and the understanding of classical music I will give it another shot. Due to my hatred for the original I have not seen the second one, but will be checking them both out in this combo pack.

Knight and Day: I have heard both good and bad about this film. I will definitely be giving it a look over to form my own opinion. I can both take or leave both of the film's stars, as I have enjoyed Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz - I also have had moments where it is very hard to take them. This looks to be the better action film that appears to be carbon copies of the other - Killers - released this summer. I have not seen either yet, but I will see just how close they are to each other. I bet this one will win.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen a single one of these, save for perhaps a viewing of Fantasia as a child that I don't really recall.

    I'm pretty much with you on Sorcerer's and Knight and Day. Heard mixed reviews on both, but am intrigued enough to at least give 'em a shot, and they do look to be mindless entertainment at the least.

    Interesting that Disney put out the Fantasia combo at the same time as Sorcerer's. Usually, it's other studios that are capitalizing on Disney's releases and not the other way around. However, Sorcerer's could be a Disney release as well - I don't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Sorcerer is a Disney release considering it was inspired by a Fantasia skit.

    ReplyDelete