Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/23/10

It's that time of the week again. Time for DVD release Tuesday.

Not that great a selection this week, but actually some movies I am interested in seeing.

The Expendables: I don't care how stupid this film is going to be, or how horrible the dialogue is going to be. This has my name written all over it. I wanted to see it in the theater, but of course didn't get a chance to. It has all of the action stars of the past 20-30 years packed into one film. So, of course I am going to be entertained. It is missing The Rock, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Steven Seagal and Chuck Norris - but the one's they did get should make up for their loss. Even a cameo by the Governator himself.


Eat. Pray. Love.: Absolutely zero interest in seeing this, except Mrs. Kano has added it to the Netflix queue and it is on its way. So, I will probably be checking it out at some point. Just has a lot going against it for me - the biggest being it stars Julia Roberts, who have grown to hate (OK, hate is a strong word - dislike) over the years. Also along from the ride is the Gerard Butler-Jeffrey Dean Morgan hybrid that is Javier Bardem. Apparently this was a famous book - and from what I have heard it didn't do the book justice in the theater. Either way, I didn't read the book, but I guess I will be checking this one out. Maybe.

Beauty & The Beast (Two-Disc Diamond Collection): Apparently Disney is opening the Vault once again to re-release Beauty & The Beast for what I believe is the third time. Funny how movies like Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Rescuers Down Under still haven't received a proper DVD release yet, but this has been released three times. Don't get me wrong, Beauty & The Beast is wonderful, and if you don't have it I suggest picking this up - but I do believe there is a bit of an overkill going on here. I am still trying to get the other Disney films on DVD that have yet to be released. Time to pick up the pace Disney.

The Situation Workout: Come On! You all know you want this. You have to have it. It's the gift that keeps on giving. This is what you all should be thankful for this Thanksgiving and you know it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment