Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/16/10

NOTE: This was written for yesterday, but for some reason it did not post.

As I said on the Facebook page, I have decided to start a new running feature on here. A lot of people put their new movie releases and some comments up for the Friday releases of new movies. Well, as I have said in the past, I do not get out to the movies in the theater - so my new releases are actually Tuesday on DVD. So here it goes.

Avatar (3-Disc Collector's Edition): OK, I have the regular Avatar film that was released a few months back. I really want to see it and I have not found the time (it's pretty long) to watch it yet. I will not e purchasing this new 3-disc collection, however. I hate how they release DVDs and then re-release it with more content.





Disney's A Christmas Carol: Wow, I almost completely forgot about this film. I was not really excited about it when it came out last year - but since Christmas is right around the corner and my son has already started watching Christmas movies I am probably going to be getting this one. And kudos to people releasing this movie - waiting an entire year to release a movie on DVD never happens anymore - and I think it may have worked.



The Last Airbender: I so hope that M. Night gets his act together soon. I really enjoyed Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. And, I totally didn't hate Signs. But, his last few films have just been stinkers and from what I have heard about this one - he may have hit rock bottom. I have zero interest in seeing this - not only because people have said it was horrible, but I really don't know much about the actual story anyway. So, this is a no chance for me.



The Kids are All Right: This looks really good. I have heard nothing but great things about this film. Quick rundown: a lesbian couple (Julianne Moore and Annette Benning) gets artificially inseminated by the same donor for their two children. The children get interested and track him down and he (Mark Ruffalo) is introduced into the family. Looks very good and I have to say that Ruffalo is becoming one of my favorite actors - he just selects great roles and knocks them out of the park.



Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore: Um.....no. Even with a small child and having four cats and a dog of my own (one cat of which looks exactly like one of the cats in the film) I have zero interest in seeing this. Something about the first movie (possibly Jeff Goldblum or the fact that I saw it on cable) had me interested in seeing it - this one has shown me absolutely nothing that has interested me. Thank goodness my son really doesn't get to pick out the movies we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment