Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Wife the French Fry

This past weekend my wife was asked by a local restaurant if she would be interested in picking up a few hours as a waitress. The restaurant was in dire need of help a few times during the weekend hours, and with a few vacations, Kasey's birthday and Christmas right around the corner - my wife agreed it was in both parties' best interest.

So, on Friday she went in for 'training' which ended up being 'here's a notepad, get to work' sort of training. Friday apparently had a little more customers than they were expecting, so the training was thrown out the door, and she was thrown right into the fire.

She has worked in retail before, so has dealt with customers, but she had never been a waitress or even in the food services. Apparently, however, she is doing wonderfully. I guess there isn't much to it, as long as you aren't spilling things all over the customers - and you make sure they are happy, they 'should' compensate you.

The money will definitely be coming in handy as we head to Disney World at the end of October. And it's always nice to actually have a little spending money in your pocket.

The move, however, means a little less time I get to spend with her - and a little less time she gets to spend with Kasey. It will probably not be a long experience, unless of course she wants it to be, but for now she appears to like it.

She has only been in twice so far, but both times has come home smelling like french fries - and I have to say, it sort of fired me up. Weird, I know.

Anyway, I just want to say that I respect her very much. I tried to get back in with the newspaper I used to write for some extra cash, but it didn't pan out - so she stepped up. She works extremely hard and I admire her for that.

1 comment:

  1. HAAHAHAHAHA!

    Well, I know what to get you for Christmas . . . some Frying Oil that Erika can sprinkle on when the mood strikes you . . .

    ReplyDelete