Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

So, the weekend was both productive and somewhat relaxing at the Kano household.

On Friday I went to a bachelor party with both my father-in-law and brother-in-law. It wasn't anything over the top. Just a BBQ and a quick stop at a bar near the end of the night. By the time the end of the night rolled around, however, most parties were pretty much out of it anyway.

As most of you know, I am no longer the drinker, so I pretty much just relaxed and joked around with my father-in-law and a couple of his buddies. Which was pretty fun.

The whole night got me thinking about my own bachelor party, and the last time I got drunk beyond belief. The party started out at the local Elk's Club (I say started, but this is where it also finished for me). A lot of my high school buddies, friends, parents friends, etc. were there to toast away my bachelorhood. I was given a cup when I first walked in, which my 'friends' would not allow to get below the halfway mark before filling it up again. I was also forced to take a shot every 20-30 minutes, I am not sure.

Well, one final shot did me in and my night was over after a couple of reversals. The party was supposed to head downtown, which it did without me. A friend of mine took me to his house to crash. This is where things get a little foggy for me. I thought I had at least made it to 10 p.m., but stories have said that it was more like 9. I also don't remember throwing up in his truck, but I was told that I did. Finally, after stumbling into their house and only recognizing their dog, I woke up on an air mattress, sleeping on a towel and in a pair of shorts. I also don't remember changing into the shorts.

This bachelor party, was a little more tame than mine - not that mine was over the top by any means. The groom-to-be did get sloshed and appeared to be pretty out of it by the time we did make it to the bar. But, at least he made it there.

On Saturday, Erika painted our bedroom. I did help out a little, but painting is not really my fortay - and this was abundantly clear. I did, however, get the walls covered enough that she would only have to do some touchups. The room came out pretty well, and our cracks and nail holes have been fixed.

Sunday was my day to get things done. We were having people over at 2 p.m. for a little get together, so I did a little flight of the bumblebee and managed to get all of the work around the house done before they came up.

We had a pretty good time. Playing games, chatting, having some pizza and of course taking a trip to Gino's for ice cream.I hadn't laughed that hard in a really long time, and it was definitely worth it.

Monday was a pretty lazy day. We had done most of work for the house, so we sort of lounged around and played with Kasey. I took a little time to work on my online courses while Erika took Kasey for a walk. we finished the weekend with dinner with my parents.

I purchased Kasey this bop bag on Sunday, I figured it would be fun for him and his buddy Jack to play with. And it was pretty fun to see them smack it around. Kasey also loves to jump on it, I just hope he doesn't pop it.

Well, that was my weekend - and unfortunately it has come to an end and I am back to the grind.

Did manage to watch a pair of movies, reviews coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment