Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fringe

I must say, I am pretty excited.

It doesn't happen very often when a television show actually gets me this interested.

First, I must admit that I am a television addict. My wife is already telling me I watch too many shows. But, there is just one problem - I wouldn't know which one to cut.

That being said, I am promising her that I am only going to start watching one new show this season - and that show is Fringe.

The show actually started a few weeks ago, but it wasn't until this weekend that we finally had time to view it - and actually were able to view two episodes.

I was immediately interested in the show due to the fact that it was produced by J.J. Abrams, who also has helmed another of my favorite television shows Lost.

During the first episode, I noticed that this is no Lost. It is a lot more in your face, with a few kind of gross out scenes - especially in the second episode. My wife has watched the first two, and I am hoping she can stick it out - it's much more fun watching a show with someone, especially your wife. But, I do admit that a few of the scenes even had me a little on edge. It is, however, exactly the type of show I love.

Shows like Lost, Heroes and now Fringe barely allow me to predict what is going to happen. It keeps you interested throughout the entire episode, and every part of that episode is important. It's all very psychological - I absolutely love the fact that I need to pay attention and actually think.

Another reason to like the show: the return of Josh Jackson. You may remember Mr. Jackson as Pacey on Dawson's Creek or Charlie Conway in the Mighty Ducks. I must admit, he is an underused talent.

This actually got me thinking, is it odd to anyone else that out of the four main stars of Dawson's Creek it is actually Dawson (James Van Der Beek) who has not become more of a star - although I did love Varsity Blues.

Anyway, if you are a fan of Lost and can take a few grotesque shots an episode, I highly recommend checking out Fringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment