Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 2/19/13

Argo: Surprisingly, there are actually a lot of Oscar-nominated films for Best Picture that I really want to see. This one, though, is right at the top of the list. A look into a true story, one that looks really interesting. Ben Affleck has done pretty well behind the camera - can't wait to check this out.

Sinister: Looking at the post I knew this film wasn't for me at all - but I did look into it more and the actual premise sounds interesting. But, the gore factor throws me off and I won't be checking it out.

Anna Karenina: Keira Knightley, why do you keep doing these period pieces? Ugh.

Fun Size: A girl loses out on her Halloween and she is forced to watch her brother - who goes missing. Of course. Looks like it's gotten some bad reviews - and nothing about it really stuck out to me. So far, not on my radar.

The Factory: John Cusack and Dexter's sister in a serial killer film. Sounds good enough to me.

Special Forces: Looks like a French film - I am not too high on the subtitles. Anyway, haven't heard anything good or bad about this one. As of now, staying away.

Small Apartments: Not sure - looks like a mixture of Rope and Very Bad Things. Some decent actors here, but nothing to make me run out and check it out. Perhaps sometime in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Argo is really good.

    And apparently you didn't look TOO hard into Sinister. There's like zero gore in the movie. There's some blood, but it's not crazy with it. The worst you see is some cut throats in a video Ethan Hawke watches (and blood doesn't gush out or anything). And there's some bloody walls at one point. Otherwise... nothing in that department. I will say, however, that this is the scariest modern horror film I've seen in a LONG time. But there's no gore in it at all (and the poster has almost more blood than the movie). It's more psychological.

    ReplyDelete