Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday's With Movies: 12/21/10

Salt: I am not that big a fan of Angelina Jolie. I am definitely a person that looks at Brad Pitt and says "Dude, what were you thinking?". However, I am a sucker for a decent action film and most of the ones that Jolie seems to pick have been pretty good. This one I have heard good things about, so I am intrigued and will check it out as soon as I can.




Easy A: I will definitely be seeing this one as soon as I can. From what I have heard this is a pretty good film and Emma Stone is a great up-and-coming actress. I get sort of a 10 Things I Hate About You vibe from this film, especially with the different take on a classic book. Of course, I have not read The Scarlet Letter, but I am sure I will enjoy the film nonetheless.





Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps: OK, I am going to just say it - I am a fan of Shia Labeouf. I know he has his haters out there, but I am definitely not one of them. The first Wall Street film was a classic, and look where it landed Charlie Sheen. Let's up poor Shia doesn't end up locking hookers in his bathroom in 20 years. Anyway, for some reason I haven't heard too much about the actual quality of this film, but I will still check it out and see what it has to offer.


Step Up 3D: I believe my wife is interested in seeing this, only because she has seen the first two. I have not seen a single moment of any of these films. I usually end up watching most movies with my wife regardless of the content, but I have luckily never been forced to watch this series - and I don't think I will start with this one.





Devil: I hate horror films. Let me repeat: I hate horror films. However, I am a sucker for a good thriller that has zero (or very little) gore. This trailer had me intrigued, but I am not sure how far the film goes. I may have to do a little more research on it before I consider it.






Billy the Exterminator: Season 1: I don't usually include television series in this post, but I will make an exception here. I am not sure how many out there are watching this series, but my family is in love with it - especially my son. Billy and his entire family run an exterminating business, and each week they are sent out to do some pest removal in Louisiana. Billy and his brother, Ricky, are definitely a pair of characters - but the show is very informative, you get to see some cool exterminations/removals, and it can be pretty funny as well. If you haven't seen it - check it out. It's on Netflix streaming right now.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't see Salt (no pun intended).

    Easy A was awesome, and you won't have to have read The Scarlet Letter to get it.

    Didn't see Wall Street.

    Devil was pretty decent. It is more thriller than horror. There's very little blood (but there is some). A few things bugged me about it, but it's entertaining enough.

    Never heard of that last one.

    ReplyDelete