Thursday, February 6, 2014

The End

Well, this is a sad day.

I knew this would happen eventually. But, I didn't want it to be now.


After working pretty hard to get this Theme Song Bracket together I guess I just finally realized that no one really looks in on this blog anymore. The lack of votes each day just proves that.

This is the third or fourth time I have done a bracket game and each time it has gone down in terms of votes. But, this is the absolute lowest it has ever been.

So, I guess it's time to wrap this blog up. I started it almost six years ago now when I left my job at the newspaper so that I could keep writing. And, it has been pretty fun. I loved doing it and I loved trying to find new things to write about.

Soon it became apparent that most of my blogs were about movies or television, so I morphed it into a movie site. And, I have been posting my thoughts on movies I have watched ever since.

It's actually been fun looking back to see what I thought about a movie, especially after watching it again. It's odd how your perception can change both good and bad after multiple viewings.

Anyway, I guess no need to drag this out. I have found myself not being able to find the time to write my reviews since my daughter has been born. But, I thought I could get back into it with this new bracket game. Unfortunately, I think my wife might be the only person that actually reads my posts. So, despite my love for it I guess it is now time to step away.

Thank you to those that have stumbled upon the site and enjoyed it. Especially to my wife who read almost all of my posts - and pointed out my mistakes - but it was always nice to know at least someone was looking at them.

Goodbye. Enjoy the movies.

6 comments:

  1. It was a fun run, and I am glad that I could work with you on some of the designs! It was interesting reading your thoughts on movies, especially in certain areas where we feel differently about certain genres. I always enjoy being surprised by how someone thinks about a movie either that I like/dislike, especially if they are of the opposite opinion. Always good fodder to challenge my thinking!

    Wish you guys the best, and thanks for the fun posts over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might not have always (or often) shared your opinions, but I did check in on the site on occasion and keep up with your posts for the most part. Of course I was around when you started your blog, so I remember those early days.

    I hope you do well in whatever it is you choose to do now! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to see this happen, but I definitely understand. In the world of competing interests, the amount of work that has to go into it just doesn't feel worth it. I know my own following of any blogs has diminished to almost zero without twitter and fb, I wouldn't catch much of anything now that Reader is gone. I'm sure I could have found something else, but it never came along. Good luck with your writing, and your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as we know that, After putting in a lot of effort to put together this Theme Song Bracket, I think I've finally concluded that no one reads this blog anymore. Every day, the absence of votes demonstrates this.

    This is the third or fourth bracket game I've done, and each time the number of votes has decreased. However, this is the lowest it has ever been.

    So, I believe it's time to call it a day on this blog. I began it almost six years ago, when I left my job at the newspaper to pursue my passion for writing. It's also been a lot of fun. I like doing it and trying to come up with new topics to write about.
    for more information go here Kaspersky Contact Nederland

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to contact a techniian for any query or support go to .........................Facebook Belgie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome information here I am so gleeful when i found your weblog while I was researching on Bing for something else,but believe me the way you interact is literally awesome I do respect that so much. I will instantly get your rss and stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some vital information regarding. how to legally live in cyprus I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete