Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday's With Movies: 11/13/12

Brave: Did you think I wouldn't rush out and check out a Pixar film in the theater? Here is my review from back then. Definitely looking forward to checking it out again. I really liked what was the first Pixar film to feature a female lead. It looked amazing, as always, and I thought the heart and humor remained top-notch as well.

Savages: Taylor Kitsch had himself a difficult summer. I don't think he originally thought when he had three major blockbusters coming out in the same summer that it would go like it did. Savages was the third of the three to be released - after John Carter and Battleship - and it actually made some money during its release (not much, but it did). I also think it was the movie I wanted to check out the most - though I will eventually check out Battleship as well (not sure I will John Carter).

The Watch: Well, this movie had its ups and downs when it was being released. Originally entitled Neighborhood Watch the film's marketing took a huge hit during the Trayvon Martin case, and it was forced to change. Basically it was just horrific timing for the movie to be coming out and I am sure it not only hurt its box office take, but possibly swayed some reviews as well. I plan on giving it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment