Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday's With Movies: 10/18/11

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides: Got a lot of back-and-forth about just how good this film is. I was a huge fan of Keira Knightley in these films (for obvious reasons), but the real attraction was always Capt. Jack. I really have enjoyed Ian McShane in things like Deadwood, so he will be a welcome addition. I will definitely be checking it out - plus my son is really into Capt. Jack and pirates now.

Red State: As I have stated before, not much into horror films, but occasionally one grabs my interest enough that I may check it out - and this one certainly has. I have been a fan of mostly everything Kevin Smith has done, so I will check this one out. From what I can tell, not much gore if any - so I should be in the clear.

Bad Teacher: One of the many raunchy rated-R comedies that was released this year. I can take or leave Cameron Diaz, but here she looks to be on the take side. Jason Segel has become a pretty nice go-to guy for comedy - and usually Justin Timberlake can be hilarious as well. So, I will definitely be checking this one out as well.

Monte Carlo: I know absolutely nothing about this film except it stars some teenie boppers and appears to be a chick-flick. Mrs. Kano wants to check it out, so it will be coming eventually. Will I be watching it with her? That remains to be seen.

A Better Life: Yet another film on Mrs. Kano's radar that has missed mine completely. I will probably wait until I know more about it or she has watched to see if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment