Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday's With Movies: 7/9/13

Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor: This is a new film from Tyler Perry - but it's not in the Madea collection from what I can tell, nor do I think Perry himself stars in it. This one has a pretty different feel to it, more of a dramatic movie. Even if I was interested, which I am not, the involvement of Kim Kardarshian is a complete 'stay away' for me.

The Host: This is the follow-up from Stephanie Meyer, or that lady that wrote the Twilight saga. This one looks far better than the Twilight films, but still not particularly great - which stinks because I like Saoirse Ronan. For he alone I think I might give this a shot.

Admission: Tina Fey and Paul Rudd together immediately had me interested. Looks like it could be pretty funny, so I will definitely be checking it out.

Spring Breakers: A bunch of teeny bopper, Disney ladies run around in bikinis looking to shed that goody-to-shoes persona that they have developed. The movie itself, though, is much different than what people may believe it is - from what I have heard from others. I will most likely look into this.

Dead Man Down: Colin Farrell is an uprising gang member and the right-hand man of the kingpin. Honestly, even after reading about what this is about - I am still sort of confused. Sometimes that might be a good thing, here I don't think it is.

Boy: Strange this is now getting released on DVD - it was made in 2010. This is about a boy and his father, who returns into his life after being away for many years. Probably not something I will look at.

Power of Few: Christopher Walken, Christian Slater and Juvenile? A film told from multiple perspectives sort of like 11:14 or Vantage Point. I have always liked Slater, and Walken is, well, Walken. Not sure, perhaps I will check it out at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment