Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tuesday's With Movies: 1/18/11

A day late, I am sorry. But, here is Tuesday's with Movies.

Buried: Ryan Reynolds gets taken prisoner in Iraq and is buried in a coffin alive with just a cellphone, candle, a lighter and a knife. In a race against time, Reynolds' character must find out where he is and how to get that information out. Looks like a pretty interesting thriller - and from what I can tell Reynolds will have to pull off his inner-Tom Hanks to carry this movie alone. Definitely will be checking it out.



Takers: Looks insane, and probably has too many characters, but I am a sucker for heist films so I will be checking it out when I can. I mean, the poster itself even looks photoshopped.








Death Race 2: Kind of surprised by this one. A direct to DVD sequel to Death Race (which I am told is actually a prequel), but starring some decent actors like Ving Rhames and Danny Trejo. I have yet to see the first one, but I think I will - so once I do I will try and check this one out. I usually don't watch direct to DVD movies, but this one actually has me intrigued.




Stone: Um, I have never even heard of this at all. Apparently it stars Edward Norton, Robert De Niro and Milla Jovovich. Why was this not given more publicity? The premise actually seems decent. I mean, in the past two days I have seen previews for Gnomeo & Juliet about six times and this film can't get a tv preview. Since I just heard of it, it may take some time, but I will probably check it out.




Paper Man: Another stellar cast (Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Lisa Kudrow, Kieren Culkin and Jeff Daniels) and again I have heard nothing. This one has me even more intrigued than Stone does. Daniels' has a friendship with Stone and an imaginary super-hero (Reynolds) which helps him have a second adolescence. Cazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment